Crafted to emulate real reclaimed barnwood, Wire Brushed beams matches its texture, color and character to an incredible degree. The wire-brushed finish achieved with a special treatment process removes the soft grain of the wood, and gives them an elegant, handsome look. Up close and from a distance, these beams are remarkably indistinguishable from the real thing. Thanks to this process, the beams are also much less prone to cracking, twisting, warping and checking.
An additional benefit is our inventory’s consistent range of lengths, sizes and colors, which is hard to come by with real salvaged wood. This is advantageous for creating designs that require uniformity throughout, and also makes it easy to cover things like pipes and I-beams. Building trusses with these is also much easier – you’ll never have a piece that’s too long or too short.
Wire Brushed are also available in long lengths, up to 32 feet.
Offered in a great selection of gorgeous colors, these beams are remarkably lightweight, and extremely easy to install. You’ll easily find a style that goes beautifully with your design.
- Due to its authenticity, lengths of 14.5 feet and over require a scarf joint.
- Widths or heights larger than 10.5 inches will have a seam. This seam could be evident when looking at the finished product.
- For exterior installation we recommend adding a high quality clear coat exterior polyurethane with a UV inhibitor to protect the stain from fading.
- Colors vary dramatically from monitor to monitor. For this reason we HIGHLY RECOMMEND reviewing a sample prior to ordering. The cost of up to five (5) samples is rebated with a full sized product purchase.
- Dimensions specified are outside dimensions of the product. Material is approximately 1 inch thick.
- Products are hand fabricated. Allow at least ½ inch tolerance when covering existing materials.
- Products have screws embedded in them. We recommend cutting with a hand saw to avoid injury. Barron Designs is not responsible for bodily harm or equipment damage if power tools are used.
- LTL shipping costs for beams typically start at about $300 per shipment. Shipping and tax estimates can be easily obtained under order details in the cart section of the website.
- Beams that are longer than 26 feet require shipping by dedicated truck and will incur high shipping charges. Please contact customer service with your delivery address at (800) 651-4223 Monday-Friday from 9AM-5PM EST to obtain a shipping estimate and discuss configuration options.
Construction Box Beam Corners Mitered Sides 3 or 4 (4 sided beams ship as two pieces: a three-sided beam plus a fitted panel to be attached during installation.) Maximum Width and Height 18 inches Maximum Width and Height without Seam 10.5 inches Maximum Length 48 feet Maximum Length without Joint 14 feet Joint Options Butt, Lap, Scarf Wood Pegs at Joint Available Inner Dimensions 3 sided: Approx. 2” less than outer width and 1” less than outer height. 4 sided: Approx. 2” less than outer dimensions. Inner dimensions may vary. Please allow tolerance when covering other materials. Endcaps Available Material Cedar Also available in this texture Custom Trusses, Mantels, L Headers/2 Sided Beams, Planks Texture Lightly Distressed