This is an accessibility statement from Barron Designs.
Measures to support accessibility
Barron Designs takes the following measures to ensure accessibility of Barron Designs:
- Assign clear accessibility goals and responsibilities.
- Employ formal accessibility quality assurance methods.
The Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) defines requirements for designers and developers to improve accessibility for people with disabilities. It defines three levels of conformance: Level A, Level AA, and Level AAA. Barron Designs is partially conformant with WCAG 2.1 level AA. Partially conformant means that some parts of the content do not fully conform to the accessibility standard.
We welcome your feedback on the accessibility of Barron Designs. Please let us know if you encounter accessibility barriers on Barron Designs:
- Phone: (800) 651-4223
- E-mail: [email protected]
- Postal Address: 1135 Montgomery Avenue Albemarle, NC 28001
We try to respond to feedback within 2-4 business days.
Compatibility with browsers and assistive technology
Barron Designs is designed to be compatible with the following assistive technologies:
- Latest version, plus 2 versions back, for the following browsers on Windows 10, MacOSX, and Linux devices: Microsoft Edge, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, and Apple Safari
- Latest version, plus 2 versions back, for the following browsers on Android devices: Android Browser, and Google Chrome
- Latest version, plus 2 versions back, for the following browsers on iOS devices: Apple Safari, and Google Chrome
Barron Designs is not compatible with:
- Browsers older than 3 major versions may have unsupported features
- Mobile and Desktop operating systems older than 5 years may have unsupported features
Accessibility of Barron Designs relies on the following technologies to work with the particular combination of web browser and any assistive technologies or plugins installed on your computer:
These technologies are relied upon for conformance with the accessibility standards used.
Limitations and alternatives
Despite our best efforts to ensure accessibility of Barron Designs, there may be some limitations. Below is a description of known limitations, and potential solutions. Please contact us if you observe an issue not listed below.
Known limitations for Barron Designs:
- 3rd party logos: Animated images may appear to be over 5 seconds long and can't be paused or stopped because the logo was given to us as a gif. We are in contact with any affiliate with this style of logo to provide a new copy. Please use our contact us form to report an issue.
- PDFs: Title, H1, Alt Text: Title, Headings and Alt tags in PDF are Blank because of improper creation of install PDF. We are working to remediate the PDF and will upload a new copy soon. Please use our contact us form to report an issue.
- Product filters and images on sub-category pages: Elements have duplicate IDs and images are missing alt tags because erroneous code was uploaded by a 3rd party. We are in contact with the 3rd party and have asked them to remediate these issues. Please use our contact us form to report an issue.
- Footer Form: Label element is blank because source code from a 3rd party is missing label text. We are in contact with the 3rd party to remediate the issue. Please use our contact us form to report an issue.
- Footer form and embedded videos: No title attributes are found for the frames on these pages because the title attribute does not exist. In our next update, the embedded videos will be replaced with new widgets that are compliant with WCAG guidelines. Please use our contact us form to report an issue.
- Product and blog cards: Using ALT text which duplicates link text in the same link or the following link results in screen readers stuttering as the same text is read out twice because separate anchor tags are used and create identical screen reader text back to back. We are working to restructure these cards so that the images and titles are all wrapped inside the same anchor tags. Please use our contact us form to report an issue.
- Site wide content: Foreground and background colors do not have enough contrast to meet AA compliance because colors selected for the theme are not in full compliance with guidelines. We are consulting with our design team to assess the situation and make any changes necessary. Please use our contact us form to report an issue.
Barron Designs assessed the accessibility of Barron Designs by the following approaches:
This statement was created on 4 March 2022 using the W3C Accessibility Statement Generator Tool.