Traditional Hewn beams have the, character and texture of true reclaimed timber. Their distinctive appearance is reminiscent of vintage wood that is over 100 years old. They will add a tasteful and genuinely rustic touch to any design, indoors and out.
Made from cedar, the wood is painstakingly finished with a proprietary treatment process that creates its natural weathered look and coloring. The treatment also gives the beams a better defense against warping, cracking, twisting and checking.
Another advantage of these beams is that their sizes, lengths and colors are consistent from beam to beam, a uniformity that’s difficult to achieve with real reclaimed wood. The beams’ size regularity also makes it easy to cover eyesores, such as I-beams and pipes. Available in lengths up to 48 feet, using the beams to build trusses is also that much easier.
Offered in a variety of authentic color options, you’ll easily find a beam to complement your design beautifully. Extremely lightweight and easy to install, your project will be completed in no time.
- Due to its authenticity, lengths of 14.5 feet and over require a scarf joint.
- Widths or heights larger than 10.5 inches will have a seam. This seam could be evident when looking at the finished product.
- For exterior installation we recommend adding a high quality clear coat exterior polyurethane with a UV inhibitor to protect the stain from fading.
- Colors vary dramatically from monitor to monitor. For this reason we HIGHLY RECOMMEND reviewing a sample prior to ordering. The cost of up to five (5) samples is rebated with a full sized product purchase.
- Dimensions specified are outside dimensions of the product. Material is approximately 1 inch thick.
- Products are hand fabricated. Allow at least ½ inch tolerance when covering existing materials.
- Products have screws embedded in them. We recommend cutting with a hand saw to avoid injury. Barron Designs is not responsible for bodily harm or equipment damage if power tools are used.
- LTL shipping costs for beams typically start at about $300 per shipment. Shipping and tax estimates can be easily obtained under order details in the cart section of the website.
- Beams that are longer than 26 feet require shipping by dedicated truck and will incur high shipping charges. Please contact customer service with your delivery address at (800) 651-4223 Monday-Friday from 9AM-5PM EST to obtain a shipping estimate and discuss configuration options.
Construction Box Beam Corners Mitered Sides 3 or 4 (4 sided beams ship as two pieces: a three-sided beam plus a fitted panel to be attached during installation.) Maximum Width and Height 18 inches Maximum Width and Height without Seam 10.5 inches Maximum Length 48 feet Maximum Length without Joint 14 feet Joint Options Butt, Lap, Scarf Wood Pegs at Joint Available Inner Dimensions 3 sided: Approx. 2” less than outer width and 1” less than outer height. 4 sided: Approx. 2” less than outer dimensions. Inner dimensions may vary. Please allow tolerance when covering other materials. Endcaps Available Material Cedar Also available in this texture Trusses, Mantels, L Headers/2 Sided Beams, Planks Texture Heavily Distressed
Costs much less than traditional, natural products
Designed for seamless integration and easy installation
Largest selection of styles and textures in the industry
Hand-painted by artisans to look just like the real thing