Mitering an Inside Corner
General Tools and Materials:
- Table Saw with Finish Blade
- Safety Glasses
- Small Paint Brush
- Touchup Kit (included)
- Tape Measure
Acclimate all panels by storing them flat in the installation location (but away from moisture and direct sunlight or other heat sources) for at least 24 hours.
- Be sure to obey all safety rules and recommendations set forth by tool manufacturers.
- Wear safety glasses during the entire installation process.
- Be sure to follow all applicable building codes.
- Always comply with clearances set forth by the manufacturer of stoves, fireplaces, furnaces, and any other heat source.
Click Here for Care and Maintenance info.
Familiarize yourself with the appropriate panel installation guide. Orient yourself to the panel and locate the lip, fingers and slots to determine the installation direction. (Figure A)
Set the saw to a 45 degree angle, with the textured front of the panel facing up and the lip away from you, make a 45 degree cut. (Figure B)
Set Side A aside. Flip side B, so that the textured front of the panel facing down and the edge from the previous cut is towards the saw blade, make a second 45 degree cut as close to the end of the panel as possible. Discard the section that was just removed. (Figure C)
Using standard installation instructions, mount the first section of the cut panel.
Mount the second section of the cut panel paying close attention to the corner seam. Use paint from the touch up kit to conceal the seam. (Figure D)