These handy skirting mates are used to frame the foundation of a mobile home or shed in order to install faux panels as underpinning / skirting for your modular home.
Each package contains 24 pairs of skirting mates.
- Measure and cut a standard 2"x2" (not included) to the desired length based on your site elevation. The bottom of the 2x2 should be approximately 1/2" off the ground.
- Determine the thickness of the skirting material. Position the top pocket of the skirting mate under the mobile home, with adequate set back to account for the skirting thickenss. Attach the top pocket to the underside of the mobile home using two (2) screws. Note: thumb screws should be parallel to the skirting (not facing out since that would interfere with the skirting installation).
- Slide a stake piece onto the 2"x2" upright so that the point of the stake is flush with the bottom of the 2"x2" Insert the top of the 2"x2" upright into the top pocket. Use a level and swing the assembly so that it is vertical. Tighten the thumb screw in the top pocket to hold the upright in place.
- Slide the stake down the upright and pound the stake into the ground with a hammer. Do not tighten the thumb screw on the stake for protection against frost movement.
- Fasten skirting to uprights.
Faux panels from Barron Designs not only act as an essential barrier between the outside world and the inner-workings of your home they greatly enhance the curb appeal.