These cedar beams are painstakingly crafted to create the highly distressed look of reclaimed wood. Their heavily hand-hewn texture and natural coloring will add a rustic, captivating look to your exterior and interior décor.
The beams’ wood undergoes a proprietary wood treatment process that results in a gorgeous, weathered color and makes it less prone to cracking, warping, checking and twisting. And unlike real reclaimed wood, these beams won’t have any insects hiding inside.
We also offer a greater consistency in size and length with these beams. This is beneficial when covering structural elements, because the measurement of the beams will stay the same from beam to beam. Long lengths, such as 32 feet, are difficult to find from reclaimed sources due to high demand. Thanks to this reliability in size, building truss designs is also much easier to do.
Available in 8 beautiful colors, Heavy Hand Hewn beams are lightweight and very easy to install. You’ll love the way they look on your designs, indoors and out.
- Due to its authenticity, lengths of 14.5 feet and over require a scarf joint.
- Widths or heights larger than 10.5 inches will have a seam. This seam could be evident when looking at the finished product.
- For exterior installation we recommend adding a high quality clear coat exterior polyurethane with a UV inhibitor to protect the stain from fading.
- Colors vary dramatically from monitor to monitor. For this reason we HIGHLY RECOMMEND reviewing a sample prior to ordering. The cost of up to five (5) samples is rebated with a full sized product purchase.
- Dimensions specified are outside dimensions of the product. Material is approximately 1 inch thick.
- Products are hand fabricated. Allow at least ½ inch tolerance when covering existing materials.
- Products have screws embedded in them. We recommend cutting with a hand saw to avoid injury. Barron Designs is not responsible for bodily harm or equipment damage if power tools are used.
- LTL shipping costs for beams typically start at about $300 per shipment. Shipping and tax estimates can be easily obtained under order details in the cart section of the website.
- Beams that are longer than 26 feet require shipping by dedicated truck and will incur high shipping charges. Please contact customer service with your delivery address at (800) 651-4223 Monday-Friday from 9AM-5PM EST to obtain a shipping estimate and discuss configuration options.
Construction Box Beam Corners Mitered Sides 3 sided: Approx. 2” less than outer width and 1” less than outer height. 4 sided: Approx. 2” less than outer dimensions. Inner dimensions may vary. Please allow tolerance when covering other materials. Maximum Width and Height 18 inches Maximum Width and Height without Seam 10.5 inches Maximum Length 48 feet Maximum Length without Joint 14 feet Joint Options Butt, Lap, Scarf Wood Pegs at Joint Available Inner Dimensions 3 sided: Approx. 2” less than outer width and 1” less than outer height. 4 sided: Approx. 2” less than outer dimensions. Inner dimensions may vary. Please allow tolerance when covering other materials. Endcaps Available Material Cedar Also available in this texture Custom Trusses, Mantels, L Headers/2 Sided Beams, Planks Texture Heavily Distressed
Costs much less than traditional, natural products
Designed for seamless integration and easy installation
Largest selection of styles and textures in the industry
Hand-painted by artisans to look just like the real thing