- If you are covering an existing column or post, please be sure to check the "inner dimensions" of the column you are ordering in order to ensure it will work for your project and have sufficient room to cover you existing column or post. If you are not covering anything, then just order the column with the "outside dimensions" that best suit your needs.
- Watch our videos before you start. Our collection of installation and how-to videos will walk you through each step needed to install your particular type of column. Watch a video before you begin your project to make sure you have all the tools you need and know how you’re going to use them. This will help you avoid any unwelcome surprises during the project.
- Get a friend to help. Although our columns are lightweight and easy to handle, their length can make it challenging to manage alone. We suggest getting someone else involved in your installation project.
- Have the right tools ready. Double-check to make sure you have everything needed to complete your project before you begin it. And, if you have any questions, call our customer experience & design team before you get started, and they’ll be able to help you out.
- Record your project’s progress. We love seeing — and sharing — the amazing projects that our customers send us! Whether you make a video or snap before and after pictures, we’d love to see them.
When it comes to changing the look of your home’s exterior, one simple but often overlooked solution is to update the existing posts or pillars. While those posts serve an important function, there’s no reason they can’t be decorative as well. If you’ve changed the rest of the exterior of your home to a fresh, updated style, you should also consider upgrading the posts to match the new look. Or maybe you’re happy with the way your porch looks — except for those posts or pillars. Whatever your situation, the good news is that upgrading your existing posts or pillars is one of the easiest ways to refresh your home’s exterior. Installing our faux stone column wraps is a beautiful solution that will only take a few hours to complete. Because our column wraps are made with near seamless interlocking sections, they will easily fit around your existing posts. Then you’ll just need to secure them with glue or screws. Choosing the Look That’s Right for You The first thing you’ll want to do is determine what kind of look you’re going for. Our faux stone column wraps are available in a wide variety of styles and colors, which means you can get the one that’s perfect for your home. Whether you want the appearance of river rock, stacked stone, brick or slate, we have the faux stone column wraps that you’re looking for. (If you decide you’d prefer the look of wood for your columns, our faux wood column wraps should do the trick.) Because our faux stone column wraps are made in molds created from real stones, they have all the natural details of the real thing. That makes them all but indistinguishable from posts made from real rock, stone or brick; however, it means you don’t have to hire a professional mason to do the stonework or spend a small fortune on materials for your upgrade. Faux stone is an affordable, eco-friendly way to get that same look for a fraction of the cost. All of our faux stone column wraps are made from durable, high-density polyurethane so they will hold up to all kinds of weather conditions. Each column wrap is treated with a UV-resistant finish to protect it from the sun and slow down the fading process, so your porch columns will continue looking good for years to come. In fact, our faux stone column wraps are guaranteed to withstand normal outdoor conditions for 15 years without splitting, cracking, rotting or peeling, and with the right care and conditions, you can expect them to last even longer than that. When you’ve found one or two colors and styles that you think are right for your home, we recommend that you order a sample first. That way, you’ll be sure it fits right in with your home’s exterior before you invest in an entire order. And, since you’ll receive a rebate coupon for the price of each sample you buy, you’ll be able to subtract the price of the sample when you make your purchase. Once you decide on the faux stone column wrap you want for your home, you might also want to consider adding an accent with column caps and ledgers, which can add extra appeal and detail. Column caps are a simple way to give a professional finishing touch to your project that has the look of expensive masonry. If you’re not sure which one will work best for you, reach out to our customer experience & design team either by phone or email to discuss your options. How to Install Faux Stone Porch Column Wraps Since our faux stone column wraps are lightweight and easy to install, you’ll be able to tackle this project whether you’re a novice DIY-er or a seasoned pro. However, we do have a few tips to make things run more smoothly: