General Tools and MaterialsClick Here to Download a Printable PDF Version
- Wood for Blocking
- Screw Gun/ Drill Driver & Bits
- Caulk Gun
- Loctite® PL® Premium® 3X Construction Adhesive
- Color Complimenting Caulk or Wood Filler
- Deck Screws
- Tape Measure
- Touchup Kit
- Small Paint Brush
- Clean Cloth
- Safety Glasses
- Be sure to obey all safety rules and recommendations set forth by tool manufacturers.
- Wear safety glasses during the entire installation process.
- Always comply with clearances set forth by the manufacturer of stoves, fireplaces, furnaces, and any other heat source.
Measure the inside dimensions of the corbel.
Cut a block of wood (not supplied) to fit the inside dimension of the corbel.
Install the block of wood where you want the corbel to go.
Apply PL premium construction adhesive on the edges of the corbels.
Place corbel over the mounting block and slightly countersink at least one screw per side through the corbel and into the block of wood.
Step 5 (Continued)
Quickly wipe away any excess adhesive.
Fill in the screw holes with the colored caulk or colored wood filler and use paint from the touch-up kit to further conceal holes.