General Tools and Materials:
Determine Mounting Location
- Hold the strap to the desired location. If the strap is too long use a utility knife and straight edge to trim it to size.
- Use a pencil to trace the mounting location.
Apply a ¼” bead of adhesive to the back of the strap, avoiding the edges.
- Line the strap up with the marks made in Step 1. Press firmly on the strap working from the center to ensure good contact between the adhesive and the beam.
- Screw the strap to the beam.
- Wipe any excess adhesive with a clean cloth.
HINT: Placing screws at the base of nuts/bolts will help conceal them.
- Look at the strap from the ground. If the strap is not laying flat against the beam install additional screws.
- f screw heads are visible, hide them using black caulk or permanent marker.